A. The 2021 Subspecialty Day took place on the 2nd September, 2021 in Ilorin during the 45th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the Ophthalmological Society of Nigeria. It was a hybrid event. Topics were:
- Medical Jurisprudence in Nigeria: An Overview delivered by Prof Abdulkabir Ayanniyi
- Medicolegal tips for Retinal Specialists delivered by Dr Olufemi Oderinlo and
- Practical tips on Intravitreal injection anchored by Dr Olokoba Bukayo Lateefat
B. Hands on sessions in Pre- Congress activities of Ophthalmological Society of Nigeria 45th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference which took place in ilorin on 31st August, 2021. The hands on sessions were:
- Intravitreal injections anchored by Dr Emmanuel Megbelayin and Dr Olatunji
- Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscopy, Laser and Smart phones anchored by Dr Tunji Oluleye and Dr Olatunji
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography and Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography facilitated by Dr Okonkwo
- Optical Coherence Tomography facilitated by Prof Bassey Fiebai
C. Participation as resource persons in various Ophthalmic Society Scientific Meetings/ Conferences and industry sponsored/ anchored webinar series. These include:
- Dr Ogugua Okonkwo delivered the key note lecture Kriessig Award lecture at the EURETINA 2021 titled Neuroprotective Strategy for Non-Arteritic Central Retinal Artery Occlusion on 11th September, 2021.
- Building Multidisciplinary Referral Systems for Optimal Diabetic Macula Oedema and Retinopathy Care delivered by Prof Odarosa Uhumwangho on the 7th of October, 2021 which was organised by Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- The Current Cutting Edge Activities of the Vitreoretinal Society of Nigeria delivered by the Chairman, Prof Bassey Fiebai during the 1st Scientific Conference of the African Ophthalmology Council on 30th October, 2021
- Meet the Expert series organised by BAYER Pharmaceuticals with the topic Preferred Practice Guidelines in the Management of Diabetic Macula Edema (DME) by Prof Bassey Fiebai on the 7th November, 2021.
- Meet the Expert series organised by BAYER Pharmaceuticals with the topic Insight into DME Management in our clinics today by Dr Tunji Oluleye on the 28th July, 2022.
D. Organization of a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) accredited educational webinar by Vitreoretinal Society of Nigeria on the 28th of March, 2022 titled
Scleral Buckling: Still relevant in our Tool box The resource persons were Dr Tunji Oluleye who delivered the lecture on Practical Tips in Scleral Buckling and Dr Yewande Babalola who spoke on the topic: Learning Points in Selected Cases